Veritas General Insurance Plc assumes the risk of any loss that your car or property may incur and offers a wide array of policies to cover you.
Commercial vehicle comprehensive insurance policy
Veritas General Insurance Plc offers a comprehensive insurance policy that covers:
- Accidental or fire damage to your motor vehicle to be repaired
- Loss of vehicle or spare parts or accessories
- Protection and removal after accident
- Third party liabilities (damage to property, death or injury)
- Riot and strike cover (non political)
- Medical expenses cover up to as stated limit (private cars only)
- Personal accident cover for insured and spouse up to stated limit (private cars only)
- Authority to repair damage to vehicle up to a stated limited
Commercial vehicle executive insurance policy
This policy is designed specifically for professionals, top executives, officers or diplomats and provides comprehensive cover at a favourable rate.
Commercial vehicle full third party fire and theft insurance policy
This covers against:
- Loss or damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, theft or attempted theft
- Third party liabilities (property, death and or injury)
Commercial vehicle third party insurance policy
Provides cover against third party liabilities (property, death or injury) only.
Motor traders internal and external policy
These policies cover motor vehicles, which are in custody or care of motor traders against:
- Accidental or fire damage to the vehicle
- Liability to third parties
Property insurance burglary policy
This policy covers loss or damage to property contained in the business premises through forcible and violent entry into or exit from the premises. It also covers damage to premises in the course of the theft or any attempt threat up to state limits.
Property insurance all risks policy
This policy covers accidental loss or damage to insured items from any cause other than those specifically excluded on the policy. It usually applies to high valued portable items.
Property insurance money policy
This policy covers loss of money belonging to the insured whilst such money is in transit or on the insured's business premises. This policy may cover:
- Loss of damage to safes or strong rooms used for the storage of money resulting from theft or any attempt
- Loss of money arising from a hold up, robbery or any attempt there at
Professional indemnity Policy
This policy indemnifies the insured against legal liability for damages and claimant's costs and expenses in respect of claims for breach of professional duty.
- First made against you by reason of any neglect, omission or error occurring or committed in good faith and in connection with the conduct of the practice
Property insurance glass policy
This policy covers loss of or damage to glass situated at the insured's premises.
Property insurance fire and allied perils policy
This policy provides cover against loss or damage to property by:
- Fire, lightning and explosion
- Storm, tempest, flood
- Aircraft or dropping aerial devices
- Bursting or over flowing water tanks, apparatus or pipes
- Malicious damage
- Riot and strike (non political)
- Explosion (limited)
- Spontaneous combustion
Directors' and officers' liability policy
This policy covers the insured against legal liability for loss or damage resulting from any wrongful act of the insured staff in their capacity as director, officer or employee of the company except as specifically excluded.
Customer protection policy
This policy covers hire purchase companies for goods which are the subject matter of a hire purchase agreement against loss or damage by accident or incident arising from fortuitous circumstances not specifically excluded
Fire business interruptions Policy
This policy provides cover against loss of profit due to reduction in turnover and increase in cost of working arising from an interruption of or interference with the business carried on by the insured at the premises following loss, destruction or damage covered under the fire policy (material damage) to the property used by the insured.
Comprehensive office policy
Provides cover as in fire and allied perils plus:
- Theft, excluding theft of personal effects of the insured or his employees
- Accidental damage and loss or damage to office equipment and machinery whilst away from usual premises
- Loss of documents cover can also be included
Electronic equipment all risks policy
Provides cover for computer equipment against any unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage from any cause other than those specifically excluded on the policy.
Contractors' all risks policy
This policy provides cover for all civil engineering works against
- Fire, lightning and explosion
- Water damage and wind storm
- Burglary and theft accompanied by violent and visible means of entry or exit (theft by employee not included)
- Accidental damage and impact
- Third party liability risks if required
Plant all risks policy
Provides cover to plant against any unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage from any cause not specifically excluded.
Erection all risks policy
Provides cover to individual machines, complete manufacturing complexes and steel structures which are being erected, against unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage resulting from:
- Fire and lightning
- Water damage and wind storm
- Electrical and mechanical breakdown
- Accidental damage and faults in erection
Machinery breakdown policy
Covers any sudden and unforeseen physical loss or damage other than fire damage to machinery whilst in the premises, whether they are at work or at rest from causes not specifically excluded.
Loss of profits policy (following machinery breakdown)
Provides cover to the insured (client) against financial loss following a claim under machinery breakdown. The coverage is centred on the reduction in turnover resulting from decreased production or other impairment of business operations caused by an accident to machinery.
Boiler and pressure vessel policy
This policy covers against:
- Damage other than by fire to any boiler or pressure vessel and to other property of the insured
- Damage to property not belonging to the insured
- Fatal or non fatal injuries to any person other than the insured's own employees
This provides cover against loss or damage to stock caused by deterioration due to any unforeseen and sudden physical loss of or damage to machinery and indemnifiable under machinery breakdown policy in force or due to failure of the public power supply resulting in a rise or a drop in temperature or sudden and unforeseen escaping of refrigerant in the cold storage facilities.
Terrorism and sabotage policy
This policy covers against loss or damage to property resulting from: Terrorism, sabotage, mutiny, insurrection, rebellion, coups d'etat, strike, riot or civil commotion and any ensuing fire damage from looting, other damages caused by an act of lawfully constituted authority for the purpose of suppressing or minimising the consequences of any of these incidents.