Projects undertaken by M&E Trading and Construction:
NFC Africa Mining PLC
- Installation and commissioning of 550VAC switchboards for 400ML and 700ML substations
- Installation and commissioning of 11KV switchboards for 400ML and 700ML substations
- Supply, installation and commissioning of top units, circuit breakers and battery tripping units for 448ML and 948ML substation
- Supply and installation of multi functional energy metering units
CNMC Luanshya Copper Mines PLC
- M&E Trading and Construction assisted CNMC to set up new 11KV and 550V distribution system, approved the most reliable 11KV switch gear and retrofitted old 11Kv ones
- Supply, installation and commissioning of 11/3.3KV vacuum circuit breakers and protection relay top units for Baluba power supply systems
- Supply, installation and commissioning of 11/3.3KV vacuum circuit breakers and protection relay top units for concentrator power supply systems
Chambishi Metals PLC
Supply, installation and commissioning of 11KV switchboard for Copperbelt Energy (CEC) at Chambishi Metals
Today M&E Trading and Construction boasts the countries best made MCC boards. This company has have supplied and delivered 550V MCC boards to mining companies such as Luanshya mines, NFC Chambishi mine and Chambishi Metals. However, their contract with Chambishi Metals has highlighted their ability, skill, technical know-how, competence and reliability to supply and deliver the best MCC's in compliance with client's speciﬁcations and standards.
Overhead line construction
M&E Trading and Construction has majored in the design, construction and commissioning of 33kv and 11kv overhead lines (transmission lines) as approved by ZESCO for the following companies;
Ndola lime - design, construction and commissioning of 33kV overhead line for recapitalization project of new lime plant, the line stretches from Bwana Mkubwa substation down to Ndola lime. It has a horizontal conﬁguration for terminal and section pole structures with vertical conﬁgurations for intermediate pole structures.
- Design, construction and commissioning of 33kV overhead line from Lafarge to Ndola lime.
- Design, construction and commissioning of 11kV interconnector between new and existing substations
NFC Africa Mining Plc Chambishi Mines/Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc (CEC) - design, construction and commissioning of 11kV overhead line for construction power of the new Southwest Ore body at Mukulumpe
Lafarge Zambia - rerouting of Zesco overhead lines in Lafarge RP 3 quarry area.
Rural Electrification Authority - the supply, delivery, installation and commissioning of 61km electricity grid extension power lines and transformers in selected rural areas of Zambia for 2012 – LOT 13 – MUSA
Substation and transmission lines
2012 – 2013 M&E Trading and Construction participated in the Distribution Expansion and Reinforcement Projects (DERP) for ZESCO as subcontractors in the construction of New Chalala Substation in Lusaka. The project involved Installation of both indoor and outdoor switch gear.
2014 – 2015 extension of a feeder Bay at Lumwana 2X 45MVA 330/33KV ZESCO substation and construction of 10MVA 33/ 11 KV Kabompo substation for construction supply - Consolidated Power Projects (Pty) Ltd 2014 2015 - the replacement of 11kV switchgear at Pamaozi (Ndola) and Parkland (Kitwe) Substation and Construction of Levy Mwanawasa Switching Station for Lot 4.