The Taonga Sunset Cruise – the perfect start or end to your stay in Livingstone.
The Taonga double – decker – The morning offers a relaxing cruise – enjoy the peace and serenity of the river, as well as the abundant wildlife which graces the river and its margins. The morning safari cruises offer you the opportunity to experience the river at this magical time. Morning cruises are also supported with snacks and refreshments and a champagne breakfast tour is offered for those with a taste for the high-life. The morning cruises are offers you an excellent opportunity to get photos and observe the rich birdlife along the river. Specialist birding or angling tours can be booked by arrangement.
Zambezi River Cruises – Taonga Safaris sunset river cruises operate all year round, navigating around the two main islands on this section of the river, Siloka Island, also known as Long Island and Kalai Island. These two islands, sandwiched between the Zambezi National Park on the Zimbabwean side, and the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park on the Zambian side, are rich in birds and wildlife, including the ubiquitous hippo and crocodiles which abound on the river above the falls.
River Shack – The jetty and launch site is at The River Shack, situated next to the Livingstone Boat Club, and located inside the National Park, only a few kilometres upstream of the Victoria Falls – in fact you can see the spray from the falls from the riverside viewing deck. With its traditional African thatch and timber buildings, sandy beach bar, alfresco deck area, swimming pool and open fire-pit, all shaded by palm trees and with spectacular views of the Zambezi River, The River Shack is the perfect spot to start and end your cruise. Enjoy the sunset and wait for the stars to shine. With its white sands, palm trees and spectacular views of the Zambezi river, the River Shack offers special entertainment such as DJs, live music, traditional dancers and interactive drumming.
Activities – Livingstone is rightly known as the tourism capital of Zambia, offering the visitor a wide variety of adventure and adrenalin activities to the tourist, as well as the more leisurely, and traditional, safari tours and scenic flights.
- Tour of the Victoria Falls
- Morning or Sunset River Cruise above the Falls
- Game drives and bush walks, including rhino walks
- Canoeing, rafting and riverboarding, with cable car out of gorge on the Zambezi river
- Bridge bungee, swing and slide
- Gorge swing and abseil
- Historic town and bridge tours
- Gorge jet boat rides
- Village and market tours
Camping sites – On request Toanga Safaris and Houseboats take the hassle out of organising your tourism itinerary in the region by arranging your bookings for you these activities include day, half-day or multi day activities. The company also arrange tours and transfers within or the surrounding border countries tailor designed to suit your need. Explore a variety of wildlife and attractions. The campsites are warm and welcoming catering for friends and family.
- Lake Kariba variety of accommodation including houseboats
- South Luangwa National Park, seasonal camps and safari lodges
- Kafue National Park, seasonal camps and safari lodges
- Chobe National Park, bush camping or safari lodges
- Okavango Delta trips, safari lodges
- Chobe Waterfront, game drive and cruise option available
- Zambezi National Park, safari lodges
- Hwange National Park, bush camping safari walks, safari lodges
- Lake Kariba, variety of accommodation including houseboats
- Mana Pools National Park, bush camping