Since all businesses are unique, Professional Insurance Corporation Zambia has developed a wide selection of options and programs to meet various needs. The company can tailor a specialised package according to a customer's property, liability and casualty needs.
Commercial property insurance
This policy helps protect a building, as well as business and personal property, including tools and equipment, inventory, fixtures and fittings. It protects against loss, damage or theft. Professional Insurance Corporation Zambia has insurance options and optional extensions (such as legal liability cover) to suit various commercial property including:
- Fire - Cover for physical loss of or damage to property from fire and explosion.
- Public liability - Protects a company if found to be legally responsible for personal injury to a third party or damage to their property.
- Glass and signs - Cover for the loss of or damage to glass windows, signs and showcases at business premises.
- Money insurance - This policy is tailored to cater for the needs of companies in the business of moving or collecting money. A loss can occur either while at the business premises or in transit.
- Church insurance - Customers can insure their church buildings and contents at very reasonable premiums.
- Excess waiver insurance - This policy increases the certainty in the event of loss or accident. By paying for this policy, customers will not be required to make any contribution once the cover is taken up.
Commercial vehicles insurance
This policy provides cover for vehicles owned by a company, including goods carrying vehicles, passenger carrying vehicles, special types of vehicles like graders, excavators and ambulances, and agricultural and forestry vehicles like tractors, combine harvesters and planters. The cover is effective whether the vehicles are on the premises or being driven on the public highway.
The recent introduction of passenger cover is due to the increased number of bus travellers resulting in claims for injury and baggage loss in the event of accidents.
Motor traders insurance
Designed for organisations that are involved in selling, servicing or repairing motor vehicles, this policy provides cover for risks of loss or damage to trade vehicles or customers' vehicles whilst under the organisation's care and custody. The cover is effective whether the vehicles are on the premises or being driven on the public highway, say for testing. Legal liability to the public can also be added to this policy.
This is cover for self propelled two wheelers or three wheelers including mopeds.