Each steel base Harvey tile is designed and manufactured for strength and there is a wide range of colours available besides the standard colour range of burgundy, terracotta and green. Harvey Products will work out tile quantities for clients from scaled drawings or by physical measurements on-site.
Harvey tiles have some major benefits over other roofing systems:
- Colour diversity
- Steel based
- Burglar resistant
- UV resistant
- Fire resistant
- Hail resistant
- Heat resistant
- Sound resistant
- Algae and fungi resistant
- Environmentally friendly
- Strong on looks
- 30-year warranty
The world-class Harvey tile factory, based at Brakpan in South Africa, maintains high product standards and is one of the largest of its kind.
Strong on design
The unique overlapping system and fixing technique provide a leak-proof roof and a form of burglar proofing.
Harvey tiles are adaptable, they can be used for re-roofing, easily turning your house into a prize home in just 2 or 3 days. Often Harvey tiles can be placed on top of the old roof.
Through on-going research, the acrylic coating which was developed in 1970 can withstand high ultraviolet levels and the most adverse weather conditions. The small stone granules bonded to the tile surface results in a robust finish which is unaffected by extensive weathering such as gale-force winds, pelting rain and hailstorms.
The tiled roof is maintenance-free with no inconvenience of fixing leaks, repairing broken tiles or repainting jobs.
Strong on savings
Ordinary concrete or clay tiles weigh up to eight times more than Harvey tiles. Use Harvey tiles and you save up to 40% on the wooden construction components of the roof.
Roofing accessories available
Harvey Products supply the following roofing construction accessories:
- Angle ridges
- Hip caps
- Cover flashings
- Barge-board covers
- Sidewall flashings
- Specially produced serrated nails with the strength to keep tiles in place
- Fixed to double batten at the apex
- Length - 1720mm (cover 1600mm)
- Width - 125mm tapered lengthwise
- Height – 95mm
- Mass – 2.5kg
- Left and right hand separated. Fixed to barge boards at the gable end.
- Length: 1560mm (cover 4 bile Courses)
- Width - 100mm
- Height - 130mm
- Mass - 2.3kg
- Fixed to double hip battens
- Length - 580mm (cover 1 per the course)
- Width - 125mm tapered down to 123mm
- Height - 75mm tapered up to 105mm
- Mass - 0.8kg
- Left and right hand separated
- Length: 1 550mm (cover 4 bile courses)
- Width - 170mm
- Height - 115mm
- Mass - 2.4kg
- For use at headwall and sidewall flashing as well as for short courses at the edge.
- Length - 1720mm
- Cover - 1600mm
- Width - 240mm
- Upper lip - 25mm
- Mass - 2.5kg